Funds Availability Policy
The Credit Union will generally make deposits to transaction accounts available to members on the first business day after receipt of the deposit. In certain circumstances, the credit union may extend the hold period an additional five business days. These exception hold may be imposed in one or more of the following situations:
- There is a specific reason the credit union feels the check is uncollectable.
- Check deposits total more than $5,000 on any one day.
- A previously returned check is redeposited.
- The account has had frequent overdrafts during the last six months.
- The account is less than 30 days old (defined as a "new account").
- The emergency situation exists such as a communications or computer failure.
On a case-by-case basis, the credit union may decide to delay the availability of deposited funds
Regardless of the above circumstances, the first $200 of all deposits must be made available on the first business day after the day of deposit.